BootstrapCDN was founded in 2012 by David Henzel and Justin Dorfman at MaxCDN. Today, BootstrapCDN is used by over 7.9 million sites delivering over 70 billion requests a month. In 2021 it was moved under the jsDelivr organization and is being maintained by Dmitriy Akulov.
Security should be built in, not bolted on.
- The legacy infrastructure continues to serve millions of users. The DNS is managed by Cloudflare, and CDN is a mix of Cloudflare and BunnyCDN. The new system is explained in the jsDelivr Infographic
- Our legacy origin server is hosted by Amazon S3 and is in read-only mode. For new origin check the infographic above.
- This website is hosted by Render.
- We enforce 2-factor authentication on all services (including GitHub, Namecheap, AWS & Gmail).
- Our production branch on GitHub is protected to prevent force pushing, prevent branches from being deleted, and require status checks to pass before merging.
- By default we include Subresource Integrity (SRI) hashes when users copy a code snippet from this site.
Reliable services require reliable people.
- The network is monitored 24/7/365 and any incidents are posted to jsDelivr's Twitter page in real-time.
- Twitter is monitored for any mentions of the terms "BootstrapCDN", "#BootstrapCDN", "jsDelivr".
- Every Pull Request requires our whole test suite to pass. This includes checking every file we deliver, making ~26K tests in total, to make sure all of the HTTP headers are correct and the SRI hashes match.
- If for some reason you are experiencing issues, please open an issue in our Github repo.
We must do everything we can to make sure this service is accessible to all. We do that by providing IPv6 support, we are also whitelisted in Google AMP & the "Great Firewall of China".
Last but not least, we have Points of Presence (POPs) in North America, South America, Europe & Asia-Pacific region (view network map).